Friday, April 13, 2012

Bathroom "Remodel" Part Two

So how exactly does one remodel a bathroom for $27? In this post I will go into all the nitty gritty details of how I managed to do it (there was a LITTLE cheating involved, I will admit). 


Before, the bathroom was not only a mess but it was unorganized. Between Bubba and I being busy with the baby we let the bathroom go. We were quickly running out of room because of all the odds and ends of having a little one and we were basically just dropping stuff off where there was room (counter space, floor, on top of our drawers, whereever!) To be totally honest, we were NOT utilizing the space we did have, which is what I wanted to do.


First thing was first, getting space to organize. I had a gift card to Bed, Bath and Beyond and used that to purchase an over the toilet rack (I wanted an over-the-toilet one so that I could store my stool that I use for makeup underneath it) for $35. Bubba assembled it for me and helped me place it where our ugly white drawers used to be. (Visible in the mirror as well as in the middle photo).

I took the paint that I had chosen with me to a few stores as I worked to find the perfect color to match what I had already started. By luck I found a three-tier stand at Target for $5 (on clearance, pictured in the top photo), towels that matched the color ($3 each) and white bowls (that I used as storage after painting them)  for $1.99. After all was said and done, I only spent about $27! 

Since I am slightly OCD I did re-wash all our clean towels and used an extra dryer sheet so they could smell  REALLY clean, making the bathroom smell great. Bubba gave his seal of approval- making that the absolute BEST part of this project!


No comments:

Post a Comment