Friday, June 21, 2013

Guest Post: No Bake Protein Poppers

Hey guys!
If you follow me on Instagram or Twitter you know my computer bit the dust, however we have lovely readers and followers that have volunteered to guest post for us, so today for Foodie Friday is Katie, and you will LOVE what she has in store for you today!

--------------------

Hi all you lovely readers! 

I'm Katie and I blog over at www.divinedelightsblog.com and I have the pleasure of sharing one of my favorite recipes with ya'll today.
I have been in search of the perfect on-the-go energy bar recipe of some sort that you can grab on the way out the door or have a few for breakfast in the morning and have finally come up with one that is just right. My favorite part is you know exactly what is going into these & of course there are no added preservatives or any of that which makes me one happy lady. This is a super easy recipe to play with and substitute some ingredients in or take some out- whatever you want to do. Have fun with it! P.s. if you have little kiddos watch out because they will devour these things, they love em! ;)

proteinpoppers

WHAT YOU'LL NEED // 

  • 2 cups dried oatmeal (I used whole wheat instant oats and they worked fabulous) 

  • 2/3 cup coconut flakes

  • 1 cup peanut butter

  • 1/2 cup ground flax seed

  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips

  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts

  • 2/3 cup agave nectar (could easily use raw honey)

  • 2 tbsp vanilla

  • 1 tbsp cinnamon


LETS START //

  • combine all of the ingredients into a large bowl and start the mixing. You will have to put your back into it a little and use some elbow grease ;) making sure that the ingredients are fully mixed here is key.


Image


& should look something like this when fully mixed:


Image



  • place the mixture in the fridge for at least an hour (the longer the better.) Once that's complete start by pressing about one inch pieces then just roll, roll, roll into little balls and enjoy! I promise, these won't disappoint.

some possible substitutions:

  • almond butter or sun butter (for those allergic to nuts) instead of peanut butter

  • possible additions: white chocolate chips. dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, etc.
  • ps- you can find the ground flax seeds in the baking aisle

I would love to hear how you guys changed up to recipe and how it turned out for you! Also, let me know if you have any questions!

xo,
katie

1 comment:

  1. Love these we make them all the time!! So good. My son is obsessed with them. I'm gonna have to try the coconut flakes. That sounds delicious. My friend does white chocolate chips with dried cranberries. They are really good too! To bad my son doesn't think so lol

    ReplyDelete