Friday, March 22, 2013

Tater-Tot Casserole



Casseroles are the best. You get them when your sick, or after you have a baby, you get them when someone brings over dinner, or you make them yourself when you want a really easy dinner that tastes great.
I make casseroles when the crockpot is dirty and I want to be a very lazy chef. 
That's just how I roll. 

Tater-Tot Casserole
What You'll Need:
16 oz bag of frozen tater tots
1 lb ground beef
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup cheese (I used fiesta blend)
Salt and Pepper to taste


How to do it:
In a skillet, brown your beef. The original recipe calls for salt and pepper on it. I used Grub Rub, and it worked out great as a substitute.
Spray your baking pan with oil and let sit. Before your beef is finished cooking, open your can of cream of chicken soup and spread it in a thin layer in the baking pan. Once your beef is finished cooking, set aside and let cool for at least one minute. Mix beef and cream of chicken soup together in the baking dish.
Add your tater tots. I layered them in order nice and neat. You can just throw them on, you don't need to be as OCD as me. :)
Bake in the oven at 375 for about 35 minutes. Once cooked, remove from oven, add cheese (and trust me, you can add more than I did if you're a cheese-a-holic) and return to oven for about seven more minutes. 
Remove from oven. Let sit a few moments to cool.
Serve with veggies and enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Oy! This will def be one of my "cheat" meals and it'll be worth every bite! THANKS for linkin up! Featuring it this weekend :) XOXOOX

    Kristine -The Foley Fam {unedited}

    ReplyDelete