Lacie, from The Danielsons, being the sweetheart she is, nominated me for my FIRST blog award! Lacie, thank you SO MUCH. You have no idea how excited I am!
|Leibster, (Leibste) meaning kindest, dearest, beloved, cute, endearing in German.The Liebster award is a blogger-to-blogger peer award, used to highlight up-and-coming, smaller, lesser known blogs that have less than 200 followers. This award is one you accept with the intention of paying it forward. |
So, here are the guidelines for the award1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.4. Choose 11 new blogs you love and link them in your post.5. Please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so I can learn more about you!
My 11 Questions for the to answer:
1. how did you and your spouse meet? Bubba and I actually met my Senior year of high school through a mutual friend. We hung out once or twice that year, and he even attended my graduation. The November after I graduated we agreed we would visit mutual said friend in college in Arizona, and would road trip together. That's where we really got to know each other and started to fall in love.
2. how many children do you currently have? One. And boy, do we love that little one!
3. do you wish you had more or less children? Honestly, that is a discussion we've had lately. We love our little dude tons, and we'd always discussed having more kids, but we just aren't ready yet. This topic comes up every time a friend with a child our childs age (or younger) announces their second or third child. We want more, but aren't ready yet.
4. describe what life was like for you growing up? Busy, but in the best possible way. We kept busy and kept out of trouble. We worked hard, played harder. It was very family oriented.
5. what is your dream house & where would it be located? My dream house is a place we can call home. Where I can put nails in the walls and paint them. Where I can have the floors I want, and not worry about moving in a few years.
6. what is your most embarrassing moment? Any time I need to be serious, I seriously cannot. So I giggle at funerals, doctors appointments, etc. I burst out laughing when a doctor called time of death once- and THAT'S the worst part- having to explain its a nervous thing.
7. what is the most memorable song in your life & why? (ie..wedding song) Drift off to Dream by Travis Tritt. When Bubba and I were dating, I LOVED this song. It came on the Ipod one night, and he pulled the car over and rolled the windows down to blast the music and dance with me. I will never forget it!
8. what is your favorite dessert? My mother-in-laws better than sex cake. Followed very closely by TGI Fridays cup-o-dirt.
9. if you had to pick one thing about parenting that you feel is the most important what would it be? Actually PLAYING with your kids. I sometimes get annoyed at other moms that are always on their phones, or worse, blatantly ignoring their kids. I love to get on the floor and play with little man, chase him, and create memories.
10. how long have you been blogging & why did you start? I actually was a medi-blogger from 2008-2010, blogging a very Grey's Anatomy style-esque blog about life, thoughts about the healthcare field and the like. It was very successful, but I decided to give it up to focus on the more important things in my life, like my family, school, spouse, and personal likes.
11. what is your favorite recipe? I don't have a favorite... but I do have a million that I really like.
My Nominees are....
Kelsey @ Stories of Kel
Kenz @ Interiors by Kenz
Marsa @ The DayLee Journal
Jessi @ Haircut and General Attitude
Archie @ The Reluctant Optimist
Farva @ Farva's Fashions
Megan @ and here's to you, Mrs. Robinson
Chris @ Life Under the Lights
Sara @ House of Shoes
Megan @ Absolute Mommy
My Questions for YOU are:
1. If you could do any career for the rest of your life, no limits or restrictions, what would it be?
2. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
3. Tell me about your strangest relative.
4. What is the one thing you cannot live without?
5. What is one store you will never leave empty-handed?
6. What is the one thing you want, but will never actually go and buy?
7. What is your favorite thing about your spouse/significant other?
8. What drives you the most insane during the day?
9. What is your favorite quote/talk/phrase/scripture/etc?
10. Blogger confession time- tell me something super-bloggy, and normally embarrassing, that you've done for the sake of blogging.
11. What is the average flight speed of an unladen swallow?