Saturday, February 25, 2012

Crockpot Dinner: Hawaiian BBQ Chicken

This is a VERY easy two-step dinner that a male friend of mine suggested I make. Since it was already guy approved I went for it, and was very pleased with not only how easy it is (including cleanup), but how good it tasted!

Ingredients:

Chicken (Mine was still frozen)
Pineapple chunks (big or small...doesn't matter).
Honey BBQ Sauce

Mix all your ingredients into your crockpot and cook on either High for 2-3 hours, or Low for 4-5 hours. I cooked mine on low, and even though the chicken was frozen when I put it in the crockpot it cooked great!

If you can, stir it halfway though and again once you are finished. Break the chicken up as you are stirring it so that the BBQ sauce can absorb into as much of the chicken as possible.

I served mine with some leftover rice we had in our fridge. After taking the final product photo I realized I could've easily made Rumbi-wanna-be bowls and added carrot slivers and broccoli.

More proof of how good this recipe is? My husband licked his plate clean (literally). That was stamp of approval enough for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment