Monday, February 27, 2012

German Pop Ups

I don't know about you, but I LOVE German pancakes! I craved them all throughout my last month of pregnancy and still am not sick of them! When I saw that you could put them in a muffin tin and make minis (that even make themselves into bowls!) I knew I HAD to try it!

They are really easy to do and only take about 20 or so minutes- perfect for those who don't want to cook and have to (like I was feeling at the time) or amateur chefs such as teens, husbands, etc.

What you'll need

6 Eggs
1 Cup Milk
1 Cup Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
2 Tablespoons of Butter

Total Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Total Cook Time 20 Minutes
Makes 21 Pop Ups

Mix all of your ingredients together into a mixing bowl (yes, even the butter). Preheat oven to 475.

Once mixed, pour your mix into your muffin tin, filling it only about a third to halfway full- depending on how thick you like your pancakes. DO NOT SPRAY YOUR MUFFIN TIN. It'll make your pop ups turn out funny (trust me, I tried and found out the hard way). They'll still taste good if you do, but they won't turn into bowls.

Bake for anywhere between 7-10 minutes. My first batch took about 11 minutes to cook fully, but the second batch only took about 8 minutes, and yes, my oven was fully heated the first time.

Remove from oven and let cool - watch them de-puff and turn into your little bowls!

I only set out as many as I wanted, and stored the rest in the fridge for when a craving hits. These are perfect for easy breakfasts, a quick snack or even just an easy dinner (which mine was). I was only feeding myself tonight, but I love that I can store them for later whenever Bubba wants to eat them.

Put your toppings on it and enjoy! I've seen people put butter and jam, syrup, orange zest and yogurt, powdered sugar, strawberries, and so many other delicious additions!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment