Saturday, February 25, 2012

How to: Clean Your Microwave - 2 Steps and No Chemicals

 Having a brand new baby, I am hesitant to use certain chemicals in my home. I had two options, find a way to do it naturally or with 'light' chemical use or not do it at all. The house needed to be cleaned so I googled and asked my family. This is a TWO (yes Two!) step way to clean your microwave- plus it smells good when you are done!

What you will need:

1 Cup of Water
2-3 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice
Microwave safe bowl/container

Some websites on google suggest using a whole lemon, including the peel. I didn't have that and found the lemon juice works just as well.

The before is just gross. We hadn't cleaned it in awhile due to the chemicals and being on bedrest during my pregnancy I wasn't about to scrub the microwave, and since Bubba wasn't going to either, it just didn't get done. It's gross and I am not proud.

Step 1: Combine water and lemon juice and place into the microwave.

Step 2: Cook on high for 3 minutes. Let sit for 10 minutes afterwards and wipe down with a dry rag.

The after is so shiny and clean. No scrubbing, no chemicals!

YAY!

Note: Because of the poor condition of my microwave I did this twice. The second time it turned out much better and it smelled like lemons (The first time it honestly smelled like BBQ, which confuses me, but wasn't a horrible smell.) If everything doesn't come off easily the first time, do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment