Wednesday, July 25, 2012

How to make a mock-Wendy's Frosty - Hospital Style

Believe it or not, in every unit of the hospital, there is someone who knows how to make good food, with the crappy ingredients the hospitals provide. Luckily for me, after a few shifts in Bone Marrow Transplant, Chemotherapy and Med/Surg (CF specialty), I'm that person.

So, when you're loved one or yourself is in the hospital and hankering for a frosty, here is the recipe;

1 Chocolate Ice Cream Cup
1 Vanilla Ice Cream Cup

Let sit for about 5-10 minutes, until soft. Place in a sturdy cup (plastic is best, Styrofoam breaks too easily!) and stir very well until blended. Add milk if the ice cream isn't soft enough, it'll help melt it and blend better. Then... ENJOY! It is REALLY that easy!

I made these nightly for my patients and to this day I get approached by patients that recognize me at the grocery store that tell me that made their stay that much better! Don't convince yourself that hospital food sucks, you can make it great!

No comments:

Post a Comment