Sunday, July 1, 2012

June Media Review


READ

Catching Fire - Suzanne Collins

After reading the first book in the Hunger Games Series I was excited to get my hands on the second book in the series. I read it in less than three days (and being a mommy, blogger, full-time employee and wife that really says something!). All the twists, turns and moments of cliffhanger chapter endings really make me excited to see the movie now, so I can see what the directors do with it! The characters are built so well by the author that you feel like you know them! I really enjoy reading the books AND seeing the first movie, because now I can picture what they want me to picture, as well as read the inner monologue. Now to get my hands on book #3.

How To Win Friends and Influence People - Dale Carnegie

This is one of my all time favorite books because I am a quote junkie. I love feel good stories and frankly, I love this book far more than I could have ever enjoyed a Chicken Soup for the Soul book. This book has the best advice for everyone and I read it and re-read it every few months or so as a reminder of what I need to work on. I've taken to my copy with highlighters, sharpies, pens and have covered the book in notes. It is just as worn as my bible and I am glad, because it is a book I suggest everyone read and take notes in.


WATCH

the City - MTV

This spin off from "the Hills" was actually very entertaining to watch and easy to do so on Netflix (32 episodes, 21 minutes each). I watched it beginning to end while a bout of the stomach flu took me down, and really enjoyed watching it. Whitney Port is such a cute girl and I loved her on both shows! Other characters they introduce are definitely more NYC style girls, Roxy, Kelly, Olivia, to name a few. Instead of personal drama like "the Hills" had, it had more career focused drama, lots more fashion and great behind-the-scenes style moments.

Keeping Up With the Kardashians - E!

Yeah, I did. I watched all of the seasons that Netflix offered, including Khole and Kourtney take Miami. Do I feel awkward admitting I watched it? Yeah. Can I now make a better assessment as to what fame whores they are? Totally. My husband even braved it with me and he and I came to a few conclusions. Kourtney is probably the closest thing to everyone's sister, dating someone everyone hates. Khole is hubs' favorite, because shes funny and blunt and "reminds him of me, if I were a really, really tall brunette." And our assessment on Kim and Kris? Fame whores. He did really like Bruce Jenner though and found lots of humor with him. Did I enjoy it? Guilty.

Futurama - Fox

Bubba asked that I watch a television series with him all the way through since usually we watch the series I want to on marathon. I agreed and Futurama was his choice. I've found it quite funny actually, funnier than I expected and the stupid humor is a nice break from our normal day-to-day. It does cover topics from media and politics (a lot like South Park, but toned down), which is funny to see in  the cartoon form! We've really enjoyed watching it together!



HEAR

Call Me Maybe - Carly Rae Jepsen 

Payphone - Maroon 5 feat. Whiz

The Band Perry- You Lie

Brett Dennen - Heaven (LIVE)

What did you enjoy this month? Share below!

No comments:

Post a Comment