Friday, April 12, 2013

Priorities

This last week was my birthday.
And I didn't take a single photo. 

I was busy being in the moment. I told others if they wanted to take photos, then to go for it, but that otherwise, we would be having fun and enjoying each other. And I didn't really miss it all that much. 

Over the weekend we had General Conference. While the men attended priesthood session, us girls wandered downtown SLC and enjoyed talking, walking, and being away from our duties and priorities. It was a fantastic weekend. 
I created a blog for my wards Relief Society even. 

And now, as Monday draws to a close I have nothing to write for you guys besides whats above. My mani for mani Monday is chipped from cleaning my home today and playing with the little one. My new shoes are wet from the rain today. My home is a mess thanks to a certain adorable 14 month old. 

And I don't care one little bit.

You read it all the time on blogs. People reevaluate their lives and decide to start edging out blogging. While that may not be the case, it is on the bottom of my to-do list. 

Many bloggers are worried about losing followers when GFC goes away. Frankly, I don't know if I even care. If you follow me on BlogLovin, I'm there. If not, e-mail or bookmark. I'm not going to beg you to follow me. If you do, thats fine, and I appreciate the show of support and love. If not, I wont lose sleep over it.

What I'm saying, in short, is that there are bigger things in life than my blog right now. If I have the time, or if I chose to make the time, you will see me. And you'll probably see many more family posts if anything. But I am really tired of putting myself on a deadline for no apparent reason. I do too much with my life to make myself stressed with more stress than needs be.

Please don't read this wrong. This isn't a goodbye post. This is a reevaluation of my life, my priorities, and what I consider important to us and our family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment