Friday, April 26, 2013

Scalloped Hasselback Potatoes


This recipe is inspired off of a Pinterest recipe, but again, I really just take the basic concept and do whatever I can to make it ours. Bubba really liked it, saying they were totally moist and delicious, and I LOVED how flaky the skin was on the potatoes!

What you'll need:
Potatoes (I did 2 big ones and a small one for little dude)
1 stick of butter (freeze it before hand)
Cheese (I used slices)
Shredded cheese
Parmesan Cheese
Sour Cream (Optional)

Step One: Clean your potatoes. Then, using a sharp knife, cut about 3/4 the way through it in slices.
Once cut, slice your butter and cheese and insert it into the slices, alternating between cheese and butter.
My butter melted as I was doing it, so I used my thumb and instead of letting it stick straight out, I rounded it off, shoving more into the slice. 
Bake at 400 degrees for 50 minutes. The oven will sound scary because of all of the butter, don't be like me and check the oven every ten seconds. It really is fine.

Step Two: Once cooked, remove from the oven and add shredded cheese. Return to the oven for another 15 minutes. 


Step Three: Remove from oven. Let sit for a moment, transfer to plate and add any extra toppings you like, such as sour cream, bacon bits, etc. They stayed warm through the whole meal, and we were pleasantly surprised with the end result!
(If you look at the pin I linked to, you'll see, I really didn't follow the instructions, so it is a miracle it worked out at all!)
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! I know what's for dinner tonight thank u
    Mrs C
    xox

    ReplyDelete