Monday, September 24, 2012

Growing Up and Moving On

It seems really, really corny to say that lately, things have just been wonderful. 
Any time is a good time to stage an impromptu family photo!
I don't know exactly why things have been so great, if it is just me enjoying the moments, or the simplicity of the mundane, or us keeping so busy we cannot keep things straight, but I am loving how things have been lately. Both sides of the family are getting along famously, with us and each other, school is going well, no drama at work or at home, and things are overall, just going fantastic.

While things have been this way, I've spent some time reflecting on why they haven't been this way before, or felt this way. Is it that it just hasn't felt wonderful? Is it that I didn't know what wonderful was or didn't understand it? Is it because I wasn't allowing the wonderful to happen?

It really is no secret that I've done a lot of growing up in the past year. Maybe it has something to do with growing up and becoming a better person that allows me to appreciate the way things are now.

While I wish I understood the secret as to what we did to make everything work out so well, I am embracing it, knowing that nothing lasts forever and that everything has to change. Luckily, at this point in our story, the things that are changing are for the best and I am able to appreciate it more than I would have before.

I'm so thankful I have been able to learn from the lessons God has given me and the challenges he's given our family. 
 Lately I've been focusing a lot of time and effort on things. I've been thinking a lot about life and since I have the time on my daily commutes to reflect, I've done so. The thing that keeps popping into my head, that when I actually practice rings true is this;

Everything I put effort into, I'm going to love more, appreciate more, and cherish more.

And I truly mean everything, I've put more effort into my job, my family, my marriage, my home, and I have found an appreciation for even the smallest of things, because I'm looking at EVERYTHING. I've been focused more on each thing in front of me instead of multi-tasking, and have been accomplishing so much, by focusing better.

I know this post is corny, and if I were a reader, I'd roll my eyes and scroll on past this, but if you made it this far, thank you for reading my thoughts and allowing me to get them out there. I really appreciate it and the fact that I have so many fantastic fans and readers that allow me to blog and share my family and our adventures with them. Love ya!

2 comments:

  1. I saw you on Monday Mingle. I just followed you.
    Please follow me
    http://coupongator2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO glad to hear things are going well for you. :)

    ReplyDelete