Monday, January 7, 2013

Getting Healthy - The Details

Hey guys! I haven't been posting for awhile because of how busy we are! I hate being too busy to blog, but I love what I've been up to, getting healthy!

Since there is so much I've been up to, I'm going to break it down, sadly, it will be a long blog post. Get ready, because this routine WORKS! I've lost 7lbs in less than three weeks!

Part One: Food for Thought

Believe it or not, even with perfect portions in my lunchbox and eating as healthy as I thought I was, I wasn't eating like I should have. After a lesson on acid/bases and feeding my body (a reminder I needed) I was able to work out what my diet needed exactly. I was even able to meal plan a good diet with my work schedule. 

Here is what my weekday meal plan looks like:
530am - Meal Replacement Shake / 1 Cup Coffee
930am - Apple and a handful of nuts
1230pm - Meal Replacement Shake
200 pm - Cucumbers/Celery/Tomatoes
500pm - Dinner - anything "healthy" and well portioned. 

Come to find out, drinking one can of Coke a day (my use for migraine prevention) was what was really getting me. So during the week, I eat per the schedule, and luckily, during the weekends I can eat whatever I reasonably want to, so that I don't feel deprived, or tempted to go off the deep end. 

Part Two: Pop Some Pills

I've never been one to take medications of any kinds, and I try to avoid taking anything at all times.
Until now. I've added Vitamin D, Vitamin E, and a daily  multivitamin to my daily routine, and have been loving how I'm feeling!

Most doctors advise you take extra Vitamin D, especially during the winter months when there isn't as much sunshine or you aren't outside as often to enjoy it. Believe it or not, most people are very deficient (I was VERY low at my last blood tests).

The Vitamin E is for skin healing, and for hair and nail growth. My skin doesn't heal well whenever I have lots of scars from my surgeries that have keloids or other nasty looking scars. Besides that, my hair feels better and is growing faster too. 

Part Three: Sweat it Out

I joined a gym, and not just any gym, but a fantastic little local gym. Its 24 hours, staffed 12 hours a day, 6 days a week. Part of your super low monthly fee ($10 a month!), I get personal training and body fitness assessments. I've been in to do them and met with the owner a few times even, who is fantastic and is wonderful. I love going in there and working out.

Part of working out is switching up my routine. I've been going in 5 days a week, for at least 40-90 minutes a day. I change up each workout each day, and allow myself to find fantastic workouts online (Pinterest is a fantastic resource!). Also, a fun part of using Pinterest for finding workouts? I only use each workout once, so my body doesn't get used to the workouts and they become ineffective! 

There you have it folks, my new lifestyle routine. Hopefully it will help some of you or at least give you some insights to what I've been up to! I'm hoping to get back to blogging consistently soon enough! 

Hope you're having a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment