Friday, January 11, 2013

Scalloped Potatoes Recipe

This is one of the recipes my husband always asks for when we are making a big Sunday dinner, so naturally I had to make it! This recipe has been posted before, but I was a doofus before and photos weren't a part of the post, so I had to make sure I posted it again, this time WITH photos! Enjoy!

What You'll Need:
2 Potatoes
4 Tablespoons Butter
4 Tablespoons Flour
1 Teaspoon Salt & 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
1 Cup Milk
1 Cup Cheese

1. In a saucepan, add butter, flour, salt and pepper. Stir. Add milk and stir again. Boil until thickened (with as little as this mix is, it takes no time at all to boil). Stir in cheese until blended. (I did 1/4th cup at a time of cheese).

2. Spray dish with cooking spray and add the thinly sliced potatoes (the thinner the better, just don't chop off any fingers!). After adding half the potatoes, add some sauce, then add more potatoes. Cover with the rest of the sauce

3. Bake at 350 for 30-50 minutes.

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Simple and perfect, my favorite kind of recipe! I'm your latest follower from the Aloha hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI there! I'm Hanna. I'm your newest follower!!! Lovely space you have here! I hope you have a great weekend! You can find me in my little corner anytime at
    www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

    xoxoxo Hanna

    ReplyDelete