Sunday, May 27, 2012

Cheesy Potato Bites

After an attempt to make healthy, homemade potato chips, my husband asked if I would make it with cheese. If you've been reading my blog, you know I love cheese. A LOT.

I made them and hesitantly tried them, but ended up liking them! To top it all off, they are easy to make, which is a must in my kitchen!

What You'll Need:
1-2 potatoes, washed and sliced thin
shredded cheese - fiesta blend
salt- to taste.


How to do it:
Slice the potatoes thinly and place on a baking sheet (I used aluminum foil underneath it for easy clean up). Sprinkle with salt and place in the oven at 350 for 15-20 minutes (or until the thinnest slices have begun to brown at the edges). Remove from oven, sprinkle with cheese and cook with the oven set to broil until the cheese is melted and bubbling. Remove from oven and let cool. 

I asked my husband to describe the taste of them to me in his own words and I quote; "really damn good cheese fries." There you have it. 
Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment