Monday, May 7, 2012

Whew! What a Week{End}

Last week I posted that it was a busy one - and THAT was an understatement! Here's a rundown of what we did:

Monday, Bubba's Soccer game. I was really upset about that game- the other team played dirty and to top it all off, Bubba took a ball to the face, resulting in him having a swollen face for a few days. Not. Cool.

Tuesday we coached the soccer teams. They're so much fun to hang out with! I took the baby on a 3mile walk and enjoyed the sunshine while I could!

Wednesday I didn't get home from work until late. I got assigned some extra projects that could result in a raise (or a promotion!). I wanted to prove that I was awesome, so I had to have little dude hang out with his grandma for a little bit.

Thursday we had a doctors appointment and soccer coaching again. We literally ran from one place to another trying to keep up!


Friday we had a date night- doctors orders! (I love doctors with a good sense of life outside the hospitals!) We went to Leatherby's and enjoyed sandwhiches and shared a massive ice cream sundae. We then went stargazing and enjoyed the huge moon, the meteor shower and some peace.

Saturday was the doozy. We helped my Oma with yardwork in the early morning, helped my brother and sister in law move into their new apartment, went to a Wedding reception (Congrats Nate and Alyssa!) and went to a dear friends Cinco De Mayo fiesta. Driving back to SLC from Provo that night all we could think of was "we survived!"


Sunday was Braydens blessing. We had a 9'o clock church meeting where my Grandfather blessed him and then an open house afterwards - or as my brother calls it "snuggle-for-all," because with the baby, thats all it was, was him being loved on and snuggled on.

Today I'm sick. I know you're all thinking the same thing as me, oh gee, I wonder why. I've done what I can so far to make sure this doesn't get to Brayden, including sending him to his Grandma's tonight so that he can get the love he needs and deserves, without risk of being sick.

To those mommas with babies - how do you manage to be a good momma and NOT get your baby sick? Ideas? Thoughts? We are already pretty clean because of my insane habits from working at a hospital, so we wash hands and stay really clean for the most part.

Hope you guys have had a great week! More posts to come when I can catch my breath!

No comments:

Post a Comment