Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Tuna Casserole (& Lots of Veggies!)


Here in the Workman household we are trying to eat better. After spending some time researching I found some awesome information on foods and meals and decided to work towards making my little family healthier. 

This is one of the recipes I've done to help get more veggies into our diet, without my husband really realizing what I've done. He really doesn't like to eat his veggies and fights me on it whenever I don't disguise them. Frankly, I'm lucky. He's helping me now so I don't struggle too bad with baby boy later. 
Anyways, onto the recipe!

What you'll need: 
2 cans tuna
1 can corn
1 can green beans
1/2 freezer bag peas
1/2 box noodles (any kind will do)
5 slices of Colby Jack Cheese (I ran out of shredded cheese, don't judge me)
a splash of milk

How to:
 1. Cook the noodles until they are almost completely cooked. Drain. 

 2. In a baking pan, mix all of your other ingredients (except the cheese) in the pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and once everything is stirred together well, place cheese slices on top of casserole. Bake for at least 30 minutes. 

3. If your cheese isn't golden brown to your liking when it is finished cooking, set to broil for 5 minutes. This will brown your cheese and won't kill your casserole by overcooking it. 

4. Serve, enjoy and try to hide the evil grin when your family eats their veggies without knowing it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment