Monday, May 28, 2012

DIY - Summer Journals


This last week I made some summer journals. I do these every year and fill them with photos, ticket stubs, and entries about our time together during the summer. It includes lyrics from songs I love, quotes from books I'm reading and every thought that comes with summer. 

How did I make these summer journals? EASY!
And? They cost me $2.25, including tax. 

What you'll need: 

Journal
Mod Podge
Scrapbook paper

If you use one LARGE piece of scrapbook paper, it'll cover the whole book, if not, buy two.

At Michael's you can purchase journals for anywhere from $0.40 to $1.50. Hardcover works best, but they offer paperback as well. Pick two of your favorites from size and cover type. Pick out your scrapbook paper and head on home!

Lay your book out cover side up and using a large paintbrush cover the entire cover with Mod Podge. Press down firmly with your finger and let dry. Using the edges that are left over, fold over and glue into place until the inside of the cover is glued down well. 

Next, take the cover page (the first page in the book, usually left blank) and glue it onto the inside cover, covering up the paper that has been folded and glued over. 

Let dry, admire and start writing!

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of making one of these into a scrapbook of my summer. I wish I'd kept a journal all through my relationship - train tickets and all.. but sadly I haven't :( xxx

    ReplyDelete