Day One, Day Two, Day Three, Day Four, Day Five
Today we are going to cover a topic I've been REALLY looking forward to covering - how to stay awake while studying! After working night shifts for a few years, working after school and going to college AFTER working all day I feel that I am definitely qualified to talk about this topic and share my tricks! Some of these aren't totally healthy, and I'll admit it - but if you've got tricks to share, please do so below!
All-Natural Tricks to Try
- When feeling exhausted, get up and dance - crazily. The wilder, the better. For a great playlist full of upbeat music, check out this post.
- If you're struggling to focus, take a shower. Focus on the hot water, shake out your muscles and put on some comfy clothes, you should be able to focus better afterwards.
- Focus on doing some yoga in your chair or at your desk for a moment. Here's a how-to video.
Energy Drink Fixes and Tricks
- Dilute an energy drink with ice chips and sip on it slowly. You're going to drink the crap anyways, but why not drink it in smaller amounts?
- For a mega-boost (done this, love it, don't encourage it) add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to an energy drink in a glass and let it dissolve by stirring it.
Coffee Mixes and Recipes
- Here's a mock Frappuchino Recipe: (tried it, loved it, sitting in my fridge!)
1 1/2 cup ice
3/4 cup coffee
3/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
Blend well and enjoy! For a more "coffee house" feel, add more chocolate syrup and ice! I stored mine in mason jars because they're really easy to shake and seal.
- For other coffee recipes, I used Pinterest and searched an entire list - it's a long one!