Friday, August 31, 2012

Mock Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Recipe

Lets talk about the time I made a recipe for my sister-in-law after my nephew was born. About how I barely could remember the recipe and how it turned out GREAT, but I didn't take photos. Yep, that would be me. But, based on how AWESOME my recipes can be (note the word choice there, CAN BE), I think you should trust me on this one... it is REALLY easy and TASTY!

What you'll need:
Pork (I just got the mini roast from Wal-Mart, nothing fancy)
3 Cans Coke Cola
1 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1/4 C Water
1 Can Green Chile's
1 Can Red Enchilada Sauce

Step One: The day before, prepare your marinade. You'll use 1 1/2 cans coke and 1/4 cup brown sugar. Let soak overnight.

Step Two: The next day drain and place in the crock pot and place in 1/4 cup water and 1/2 can coke. Let cook on low for 8 hours (or on high for 4 hours).

Step Three: Once cooked, drain your crock pot, shred the pork (which if cooked completely will be ridiculously easy, I used tongs and just tore it apart) and add the green chilies and enchilada sauce and the rest of the brown sugar and a 1/2 can coke. Cook on high for 2 hours.

Step Three and a half: If you're making burritos, then prep your rice. Use chicken broth instead of water (use white rice). Prep your lettuce - romaine or spinach, not iceberg, and cut tomatoes.

Step Four: Serve and enjoy your meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment