Tuesday, June 5, 2012

May Media Review

The month of May was super busy, and we still found time to smash some media into it all! Here's my reviews of all of it. 

Read: 

Me Talk Pretty One Day - David Sedaris

If you haven't ever read a book that is "creative non-fiction" I urge you to do so! If you have, you know the fun and hilarity that can come with these books! David Sedaris has a dry, hilarious and REAL LIFE sense of humor. He is someone that everyone needs to read at least once!

His other book I read part of this month is great too (Holidays on Ice). I was introduced to it in a college course, which was surprising for me, but I am eternally thankful for.


The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins

Yeah, yeah, I know, I am late to this game, but I finally got my hands on a copy of it and dove right into it. I am LOVING IT. It is a great book that shockingly reads exactly as the movie played out, so I was able to enjoy both very much!

I did enjoy the book better than the movie, simply because it had all of Katniss's thoughts and emotions so I could read the story line better than the movie. Cannot wait to borrow the next two books!


En Route - Kelly Grayson

If you aren't familiar with Mr. Grayson via his blog, check it out at Ambulance Driver Files.

He is a Paramedic from Louisiana who writes about how he got into EMS, the adventures that come with it and the story of his life. Being a medical professional myself I was able to relate well with this novel and enjoy what was being told to me. He does speak in a lot of medical jargon so be aware of that when you pick this up to read.


Watch: 

Gossip Girl

I watched Gossip Girl, finally. I watched the first episode way back when and I enjoyed it, but just couldn't get excited over it then.

Now that it is on Netflix I was able to sit down and watch it. It was actually really good - lots of twists and turns, mixed with really good fashion and good ole' fashion drama! I watched Seasons 1-4 and hope that there are more coming (the end of season 4 had a HORRIBLE cliffhanger!)


No Strings Attached

After reading the story line, I was hesitant to watch it, but after hubs started watching it I wanted to as well! Ashton played the part he always plays in romantic comedies, and Natalie played a doctor who just wants to play.

Between the medical humor, the romantic comedy and the actors, I really, really liked the show! Shockingly, I would buy it and watch it again!




Music:

Springsteen - Eric Church

The Deed and the Dollar - Shooter Jennings

Almost Lover - A Fine Frenzy 

Aint No Reason - Brett Dennen

What did you watch last month? What did you enjoy?


1 comment: