Monday, October 1, 2012

Music and the Spoken Word



Yesterday Bubba and I took a day date and went downtown to the Tabernacle to see Music and the Spoken word live. It was a fantastic experience and I am so thankful we were able to go and feel the spirit and see the beauty there. 

After the concert we wandered around Temple Square. We watched the film titled "Joseph Smith, the Prophet" and hiked down to Gateway afterwards for some lunch. 

In the process I destroyed my heels from the blisters and to top it off, once we got down to Gateway we ran into a VERY familiar face...

 LITTLE DUDE! 

Yep, Omie and Opa decided that while they were watching him that they'd love to take him down to Gateway to take a walk and to check out the fountain. 

Luckily, they were more than happy to help me find some new flip flops so I wasn't in agony with my heels anymore. We scored some for $2.13 and on we went to lunch.

We listened to an organ recital afterwards back at Temple Square and got a chance to meet up with my dear friend Mat, who luckily lives a few blocks away and made it just in time! We wandered the temple grounds and talked about the church. He's a convert and a very educated individual, as well as a hilarious person as well. We joked about some of the most ridiculous things (steeple surfing!), watched some more videos around the visitors centers and bid adeu. 

It was a wonderful day-date and if you have the chance to go to Temple Square, go on a Sunday. It is so peaceful, quiet, and beautiful! 

Hope you had a fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment