My husband and I agreed and we decided that we needed to take this challenge- the problem is, what can we do? When we started dating, we dated a lot and did a lot of fun things. Below is a list of 60 date ideas
Dates We've Done- And Loved!
|Trying on Crazy Hats!|
- Go to a park and do a photo shoot with each other
- Attend the Utah Arts Festival
- Road Trip (Mini or long!)
- Check out the Park City Arts Festival
- Go to tourist attraction - like Antelope Island or Wheeler Farm!
- Go to the party store and try on all the fun hats and props!
- Go Shooting. Read this post for tips and advice.
- Visit the Highland Games (a Scottish Festival).
- Check out Oktoberfest!
- Pull out the bikes and hit the trails made just for biking!
|Tickets to Friendlies are very affordable|
- Bowling (or Cosmic Bowling!)
- Hot Cocoa and Star Gazing. For best results in Utah, go south, it has the BEST stargazing
- 2 for 20 Dinners
- Dinner and a Movie - Cliche, but it works!
- Find a trail around a lake or river and take a walk before sunset.
- Go to a local Soccer game.
- Hot Cocoa/Coffee and a road trip. Go far enough away to actually get away from your stresses at home.
|Spend time with pets|
- Discuss our Family Goals; Short Term and Long Term
- Video Game Night
- Picnic on the floor
- Spa Night - Soak in the tub and give each other massages
- Sit in front of the fire and just talk.
- Buy some new pajamas, curl up in bed and enjoy a movie marathon.
- Pamper your pet. It'll make you both feel good!
- Watch something you'd rather not admit you love, like the Muppets.
- Practice Yoga - Netflix has videos online, and no one will ever know how bad you are at it!
Dates We Want To Do:
|Don't forget to enjoy yourselves!|
- Go to a Comedy Club- such as Wise Guys or Quick Wits.
- Roller Skating
- Rock Climbing - outdoors or in a gym!
- Spend a weekend off the grid- no electronics
- Ice Skating
- Go to the Planetarium
- Find a great walking track and go for a walk - Daybreak has awesome trails.
- Go to the Festival of Colors - or try a color run!
- Check out the Natural history museum.
- Check out the Dinosaur museum
- Go to an ice cream parlor and indulge in the good stuff!
- Go Paint balling!
- Take a one-night class, pottery, art, even a exercise class!
- Go to a minor-league ball game and enjoy the sport.
- Try a bar/restaurant crawl - go to a different place to try different foods or drinks.
- Similar to #16, but find a Tour De Bar Crawl - its a bar crawl on bikes!
- Go to a college football game. Don't forget to tailgate before!
- Try our hand at Racquetball
- Check out some specialty stores downtown- and take lots of photos!
- Go to an amusement park!
- Buy some sidewalk chalk and go for broke! (photo thanks to my nieces)
- Eating our favorite fast food on our best china.
- Downloading new podcasts and music on Itunes
- Create new playlists for each others Ipods and sync them accordingly.
- Find our favorite movies on Netflix, cuddle up on the couch and watch!
- Buy different flavors of popcorn seasoning and have a popcorn taste test
- Pull out all the craft supplies and tools in the house, and have a craft night!
- Have a clean-off. Work together to get the house clean and then spend the free time left over relaxing.
- Read your favorite blogs or blog posts to each other.
- Find comics or mini-shows online and laugh together.
- Create a photo board of your plans as a couple (brochures, photos, to-do's)
- Plan more dates with your spouse!
Do you have any ideas to add to the list? What kind of dates have you done and enjoyed? Share below!