Thursday, March 1, 2012

11 Things


There are five rules:
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them you've tagged them.

My Random Things: 
1. I can lick my elbow. No joke. How do I do it you ask? My shoulder dislocates, making it possible to dislocate my shoulder, pull my arm forward across my chest and TA-DA! Elbow successfully licked.
2. My favorite food is German food. I make some awesome Saurkraut and Potato Dumplings, and am working on perfecting my Oma's Potato Salad Recipe.
3. My eyes change color with my mood. When I'm happy, they're blue, when I'm sad they're green, and when I'm angry, they turn a scary light-blue that looks almost white. My dads eyes do it too. It's kinda cool.
4. I've been writing for as long as I can remember. Not sure what life would be like if I didn't write. 
5. When I was a kid I was a mushmouth. Coke Cola was "Coka-la-la", Magazines were "Maza-gines" and I couldn't say "Liver Lips" (my dads nickname for me) to save my life, it was "Wibber Wips." Since then I've learned to speak...or so I think. 
6. I am the oldest child in my family. I am also one of two children, and one of three grandchildren (yes, both sides). My family is TINY. 
7. My husband is my best friend. Even when we fight he makes me laugh. Fights don't last. 
8. My pain tolerance is kind of scary to doctors. I have a history of breaking bones and not realizing it. So far I've broken my foot in three places, my collarbone, and my hand (three bones in two places) without knowing it. We found out when it was starting to heal. Also, I've torn my left shoulder to the point of permanent dislocation that needed surgical repair. 
9. My favorite TV show is Grey's Anatomy. I watch it every week- even if it is a rerun. I also own all the seasons on DVD and on Itunes. I'm addicted.
10. Craft stores make me feel awfully zen. I don't know if its the smell of the fake flowers, or the possibilities of creating whatever I'd like, or the fact that I can thrift REALLY well at craft stores, but I LOVE em. When I am stressed my husband hands me a $20 and sends me there for an hour. Even if I don't buy anything- it's awesome. 
11. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. I've considered everything from Journalism to Nursing, to Floral design to Doctor. I hope that one day I can finally make up my mind and go back to school. People with degrees are proven to live a more successful life...and successful people are awesome. 

Here are the questions that Susannah asked me:
1. Who's your celebrity crush? I have a thing for the super-dorky, unattractive male actors. Seth Rogan is my favorite, but between you and me, I think it is because he reminds me of my husband. 
2. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? I wanted to be a writer. I spent hours on the computer writing novels and short stories and spent my days carrying a notebook around. It was up until I got into high school that I got "realistic" and started looking at other options.
3. What's your favorite flower? Daisies. They're such a happy flower!
4. If you could only drink one thing for the rest of your life besides water, what would it be? Coke Cola. I suffer from chronic migraines and aside from taking meds (Which I hate to do), I use coke as my medication to help me get by.
5. Do you believe in ghosts? Yep. The stories I could tell you from working in a hospital and nursing home at night shift would make you believe too. 
6. What's your favorite meal at your favorite restaurant? I love Chili's Half Turkey Club and Cup of Broccoli Cheese Soup. They don't have it anymore, but it is SO GOOD.
7. What was your favorite cartoon as a kid? Pokemon ruled my life.
8. What's your favorite thing to wear from your closet? My Grey's Anatomy steel grey scrub set. I cannot wait to loose the baby weight and get back into my Grey's Anatomy scrubs.
9. If you could wake up tomorrow with the knowledge and ability to do something that you can't do now, what would it be? I'd like to be able to understand the total workings of my car and how to fix anything that needed to be with it.
10. What's your favorite song of all time? The Fray's How to Save a Life. Its "my" song, so to speak.
11. What's an annoying habit or quirk of yours that people probably don't know about? When I don't think someone is listening to me, or they don't respond to me, I repeat myself. I know it's annoying, I'm trying to quit. 

Here are my questions for YOU:
1. If you could have one blog post published in any publication- what publication would it be?
2. If you could keep one piece of clothing forever, what would it be?
3. What inspires you?
4. If you could move anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
5. What is one thing you cannot live without?
6. Favorite food as a child?
7. Worst habit?
8. What is the best thing about you?
9. What do you waste your time on?
10. If you could hang out with any fictional character- who would it be?
11. Why do you blog?

I am tagging...
EVERYONE!
(Yes Susannah, I stole your idea! Sorry!) 
If you take the challenge post your link in the comments below so that I can see your answers and questions!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, this comment is associated with the questions thing above. Hahah but hey! Read my post titled "this is worthless" because I think all bloggers should do Confession Session!! It'd be so great!
    Anways, ya. I'm DYING here. My senioritis is taking over my life!! I do need to enjoy it though, because when else in my life will I see kids playing tennis in the hall? Or awkward couples? And all the awkward teen angst and acne. Man. I'll miss that hahah. But really.
    Oh well. I will take advantage of it like you said! But, I still think college will be the bombbbbb.
    Xoxxo
    Emily

    ReplyDelete