Sunday, March 18, 2012

There's a Basket for That

If your family is anything like mine, the changing of seasons means that there is a LOT coming up. For example, we have 3 babies being born, about 12 birthdays (immediate family only, not extended!), weddings, baby showers, bridal showers, and so much more! Also, if you are anything like my family, you can realize that being supportive can really put a dent in your budget.

Well today I am going to share how I scored two gift baskets (wrapping included) for under $10- and shared what they were for and what was inside them!

In the photo above I put together a wedding present for my cousin who got married. After searching her registry a few weeks ago I noticed she did the same thing I did when I registered - I registered for the items everyone told me to, but forgot those odds and ends that I REALLY needed and that no one got me. Luckily for me they were cheap items and I could afford to buy them myself- but why buy them if you don't have to? I found from her registry the colors she was going for in her kitchen (yellow and green) and headed over to Target.

At the moment Target is selling dollar items for Spring Cleaning. I was able to get her a notepad for grocery lists, a spray bottle (a MUST for cleaning!), dustpan and hand broom and sponges for $4. The basket to put it in was an extra dollar and the tissue paper I used was about .25 cents. Total cost? $5.25. Average cost of an item purchased off of her registry? $45.00. You can do the math on the savings.

The second basket is for my mother in laws 50th birthday party. She is a woman who refuses to sit down and pamper herself, and who never buys anything for herself unless it is absolutely needed. I was so excited when my husband suggested that we get her pink, girly items so she can pamper herself. We got her two boxes of Goobers (her favorite treat!), a loofah, socks, mani/pedi kit, lint roller (she always looses hers for work) and hair clips for about $4.00. The basket to put it all in was a dollar and the tissue paper was also .25. We added odds and ends as the week went by (she buys her glasses from the dollar store and found two pairs we knew she'd love, and added photos of her grandbabies), but only because my husband couldn't help himself.

Both gifts were loved and received well. Now to plan for the next set of adventures with our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment