Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Scalloped Potatoes

Let me begin by saying this... when you're blogging about food and recipes you tend to want to take photos of the food. I mean, come on, people won't click on the link on Pinterest if you don't have a good photo of the food. Guess what I did?

I forgot to put my SD card in my camera after the last venture, and all the photos I have taken since then are for not. They're lost.

Oh well...the only photos that were on there were of this dish. Frankly, this sucks for you more than me, because I know how good these potatoes looked (AND SMELLED!).

What You'll Need:

2 Potatoes
2 Tablespoons Butter
2 Tablespoons Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Salt & 1/8 Teaspoon Pepper
1 Cup Milk
1 Cup Cheese

* I love cheese (as I have stated MANY times on here), so I added more than normal. The usual recipe calls for 1/4th cup cheese.

1. In a saucepan, add butter, flour, salt and pepper. Stir. Add milk and stir again. Boil until thickened (with as little as this mix is, it takes no time at all to boil). Stir in cheese until blended. (I did 1/4th cup at a time of cheese).

2. Spray dish with cooking spray and add the thinly sliced potatoes (the thinner the better, just don't chop off any fingers!). After adding half the potatoes, add some sauce, then add more potatoes. Cover with the rest of the sauce.

3. Bake at 350 for 30-50 minutes.

Lets talk honestly here. Not only did I forget the SD card, but I didn't cook this long enough at first. I only cooked it 15 minutes instead of the 50 I ought to have. Not being sure what to do, I cooked it for 15 more  minutes and it was great. That's why I put 30-50 minutes, as well as potato slice thickness will determine how long you need to cook it for.

Serve with your dinner and enjoy! We had it with Steak and Green Beans.

Hope you've had a fantastic Tuesday- here's hoping I'll find my brain by tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment