Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Broccoli and Fettuccine - A Rich Dinner for a Poor Man

Confession: the kitchen we have is way too small for my tastes. We have a teeny tiny apartment with a teeny tiny kitchen- and at first it was fabulous because I was just figuring out how to cook. Now that I'm getting better at it and found more recipes, I really need more space!

Tonight's recipe is the result of a teeny kitchen- but it works because it seems as if most of my blog readers are young like I am, so I feel like it is still worth blogging about.

I LOVE Fettuccine, and any time I eat pasta, I prefer that over all others. To be honest, I may not have even been willing to TRY other pastas since I've discovered Fettuccine.

How to:

Pour noodles into a pot of boiling water and cook until firm on stovetop.

To cook Broccoli, you can either bring to a boil and cook until firm on the stove, OR pour into a microwave safe bowl and add a cup of water. Cook for about 6-8 minutes. I did it in the microwave to prevent my house smelling (I really love broccoli, but I HATE the smell!).

Once cooked, dump the noodles into a strainer, shake the water out and place back into pot. Add one can Fettuccine sauce (available at every grocery store) and add a tablespoon of butter (this helps the noodles not stick to each other- a trick I learned from my Oma!). Add salt for taste if needed and mix in the broccoli.

Serve and enjoy!

Pssst - this is one of the tricks I use to get my spouse to eat veggies- and trust me, I'll be using it with little man too!

No comments:

Post a Comment